dea_zinn (dea_zinn) wrote,

From a nudge.....

Hiya Anne!  Love to you and Ronka.....

Okay, how the freak to update much has happened and is happening......

My dad passed away on February 15, from a heart attack.  He passed out in his hallway, and my sister (who was living with him) heard him.  She called 911 and started CPR, but he never regained consciousness.  it was also the morning of my 21st wedding anniversary.  

Since I'm the oldest of the 5, I got to be the head of the family and take care of all of the arrangements, and contact the OOS family....and now I get to listen to everyone bitch and moan that I'm not doing enough to help pay off the funeral home debt, even though no one else seems to be lifting a finger, other than to complain that I'm not getting enough money from the things that we're selling, or to request paperwork from me.  Dad didn't have much, he had gotten rid of just about everything when my step mom Linda died in 2003.  It's just getting tiring......

My baby Pit Bull Ducati is doing well, she's almost 8 months old....she's such a darling! 

SSD turned me down from the ALJ hearing.  We're appealing the final decision (which is also the final appeal) but I'm not hopeful at this point.  It just sucks - I try and not go to the dr or take a lot of meds, and because I don't, they don't feel that I'm as bad as I say I am.  Which is why I'm now on a time release synthetic morphine patch just to get through the day.....but hey, they know better, right? 

Which brings me to my latest news - I got a job.  We're doing okay on Jeff's income, but I'm going to need a new (at least new to me) car in the next year or  two, because mine is giving us problems (we just had a $1700 repair bill).  Also, with Elysa starting college in the fall, that's going to strap our income.  And Jeff would like us to be able to take a couple of nice vacations, and travel a little, while I'm still fairly mobile.  So.....I went in and applied for a part time job in a clothing store called Christopher and Banks.  They reviewed my information, and called me and asked me if I would like to work full time hours.  They ended up hiring me for an Assistant Manager position.  It's not as glamourous as it sounds, 'cause it's a small company.  But, it's 38-40 hours a week, at $10 an hour, so I can start putting almost all of the money back so that I can get a car, and we can take a vacation where we leave the house...

Worked my first full day yesterday - boy did I ache and hurt when I got home!  Bonus?  I slept like a rock!!  I'm shooting to keep this job for 3-5 years.  If I can do that, we'll have enough money to get my car and go on a couple of nice vacations, plus I'll be able to see a dr regularly through this time, and I'll be able to reapply for SSD.  So it should work out for the best!  

I've got nothing else right now....but I'll try and keep more updated!!  
Oh!  And, as soon as I've gotten settled into a routine, I'll now be able to join WoW!! 
Tags: work
  • Post a new comment


    default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.